The Contemporary Bilingual Service is a service conducted in Tamil and English languages at Christ Church in the Multi-Purpose Room (level 1) every Sunday from 11.00 AM to 12.45 PM. It was initated as an outreach to people who prefer to worship God in contemporary forms using Tamil and English during February 2009.
- To share the Word of God bilingually in Tamil and English for members who are not wholly comfortable or proficient in Tamil.
- To praise and worship God in a contemporary style of worship that the new generation is likely to relate to.
- To create a community of believers amongst the new generation who need to be reached out with the Gospel using the lingo that they are familiar with, without compromising on the Word of God
- The structure of the service is kept in line with the Anglican service order whilst being concurrent to present times.
- The Service starts with the ushering team welcoming members and new-comers. A preworship prayer takes place preceding the Praise & Worship session. Then it is Scripture Reading time followed by sharing the Word of God through Sermon. Subsequently it is offertory collection, announcements, closing worship song and the Service ends with fellowship-lunch at the canteen.
- The Holy Communion is celebrated on every first Sunday of the month.
- The Contemporary Bilingual Service has seen a steady increase to about 45-60 worshipers. Please do uphold this ministry in prayer as it seeks to reach the Lost.